Treasury & Revenue Accountant
Company Name: Hello Group
Job Category: We Got Our Mind On Our Money and Our Money On Our Mind (Finance)
Job Location: Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
Job Reference: TRA002
WHO YOU ARE:
The Junior Treasury & Revenue Accountant will be responsible for a wide range duties to ensure the smooth operations and performance of the finance department and ultimately remove the administrative burden from staff.
Your qualifications and experience include:
– B. Com degree in Accounting, Financial Management or related (required)
– Registration as a full member at recognised accounting body (advantageous)
– Completed articles (advantageous)
– Minimum two years working experience in accounting / finance
– Experience in foreign exchange transactions
– Exposure to trial balance accounting, reconciliation of accounting information such as banks, creditors and control accounts
– Experience in SAP B1 or similar ERP system.
SKILLS IN YOUR BACKPACK:
Ability to perform in a pressurised and high paced environment
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Good time-management and prioritisation skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
– Responsible for maintaining the exchange rate tables on SAP daily and ensuring correct rates for foreign transactions are applied on all transactions to ensure accurate reporting
– Responsible for translating all balances that are dominated in foreign currency to spot rate at month-end as required by IFRS
– Ensure that all source documents such as monthly internal use reports, recons, scratch card reports and collections reports are filled and available for review
– Accurate processing of journals relating to revenue and treasury processes and ensuring that they are documented in the company journal register and backed with references to filed supporting documentation before management accounts are prepared
– Responsible for preparing and distributing daily profit and loss report to all stakeholders in the prescribed company format and ensure that any significant variations can be explained to users
– Responsible for preparing and discussing the weekly reconciliation pack with the financial accountant
– Responsible for preparing various reports such as:
– Daily trade reporting
– Weekly queries reporting
– Month-end pack compilation
– Weekly cash balance reporting
– Implementation and maintanance of proper filing and reference systems and system-documentation to ensure that supporting documentation can be easily obtained by anyone not previously involved in the processing of the accounting records
– Responsible for automating one manual process performed by team every quarter
– Responsible for ensuring that queries from customer support, production support or debtors are attended to
– Responsible for ensuring that computer generated reports are accurate by reviewing and reporting on test transactions
– Responsible for monitoring the queries from the customer care team and need to ensure that all queries are attended to in promptly manner
– Ad Hoc duties as required.
WHO WE ARE:
The Hello Group exists to create game-changing integrated consumer and business services for migrant and marginalised communities. Our services are co-created to be low cost, easily accessible and amazingly simple to use with technology at the very core. By constantly evolving for consumers and resellers we maintain market leadership and entrench the Hello Group within the fabric of our communities.
We know we have succeeded when we are the dominant telecom, financial, business and media service provider within our target markets, very few people leave us for the competition and we get more new customers from referrals than from active selling.
Hello. To a better future.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT:
We break down barriers. We defy bias. We level the playing field. We thereby enhance every facet of the lives of the migrant and marginalised communities.
WHY WORK FOR US:
– We change lives, daily. We listen to the little guy who doesn’t have a voice and provide migrants with a support framework and platform to be able to better not only their lives, but the lives of their families. This whilst saving them time and moola.
– We empower and provide hope. By simply harnessing technology we empower people. We did away with the pesky middle man, and today we boast the largest informal point of presence for Sim Cards, all while distributing it ourselves. And guess what, this not only delivers an awesome service but jobs for those in need.
– We uplift the community. We asked, they responded, we listened. Our “you send, we build” campaign our loyal customers told us some of their biggest needs. In true Hello fashion we listened and ground has been broken on a state of the art maternity ward in Malawi.
– We make a difference. Every minute of every day! The “building dreams, together” campaign lets customers invest in their children’s future. How do you ask? By making use of our service, it enables us to provide school bursaries.
– You can grow. Like the seven wonders of the world, seven companies that form the Hello Group. And of course, who would want to stop there, we need more wonders in this world, so we keep on growing. Want to join a crazy group that offers you huge potential for growth?
– You can be bold. Speak up, improve processes, push the envelope, ask question and challenge the status quo.
– You can be innovative. The best ideas are born in garages, let this be your garage of brilliant ideas.
– You can learn. One is never too old to learn, at Hello we are constantly evolving and to keep the evolution going we need to learn. So, in the adapted words of Dory, just keep learning, just keep learning, learning, learning, learning.
– You can be you. We want YOU for Hello Group. Your individual flavour, your unique skills, your keen sense of detail and any other crazy skills that you can offer Hello.
THE HELLO GROUP:
THE HELLO GROUP
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE HELLO NATION?
We appreciate the interest in the Hello Group and the time taken to apply for this opportunity. Should no feedback be provided within two (2) weeks from the application date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
146 total views, 6 today