Senior Legal Information Specialist
Company Name: Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr
Job Category: Support
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Job Reference: SrLISJan2019
1. Conduct in-depth local and international legal research for both CDH CT & JHB offices working a daily fixed 4-5 hour shift at the InfoDesk.
2. Provide ongoing training on the use of legal resources and assist in orientation of new candidate attorneys and new joiners to the IRC services, procedures and policies.
3. Monitor print and electronic resources to keep internal clients up-to-date on the latest legal developments.
4. Provide administrative support for various IRC functions and projects as and when required.
1. BBibl, BTech, or a relevant bachelor’s degree
2. At least five years experience in a senior position at a law firm library or other legal institution
3. Excellent research skills
4. Sound knowledge of electronic legal resources (LexisNexis, Juta, Sabinet, HeinOnline etc)
Working Hours: 08:00-16:15
Other competency requirements:
1. Advanced knowledge of various printed and electronic information resources, as well as the accompanying search logic
2. An awareness of current developments in the legal field
3. High level of computer skills in MS Office, and other web technology
4. The ability to work independently
5. Appropriate interpersonal skills and a client-service orientation
6. Experience with electronic library management systems and intranets
Should you be interested or require additional details, kindly contact Claudine Primo (Human Resources) on (021) 481 6500 or email email@example.com.
123 total views, 7 today