It Support Specialist
Company Name: Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr
Job Category: Support
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Job Reference: ITSSCT2
Technical areas of responsibility:
• Hardware and software support at all levels.
• Must have strong Microsoft product knowledge.
• Microsoft Office 365 product suit support and administration.
• Active Directory administration.
• File server administration.
• Basic networking support.
• Support on mobile devices.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
• Deliver IT support and services to CDH staff.
• Interact with users to provide and process information in response to problems inquiries and requests about IT and all IT support.
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues from level one through level three.
• Research required solutions via any means necessary.
• Follow standard processes and procedures.
• Identify and escalate priority issues when needed.
• Redirect problems to appropriate resource.
• Offer alternative solutions where appropriate and be able to think of creative solutions.
• Identify recurring problems and work on resolving them at the source.
• Resolve technical problems, detect patterns of issues, and coordinate with IT staff regarding persistent problems.
• Organize ideas and communicate appropriately to users.
• Follow up and make scheduled call backs to users where necessary. Follow up with users.
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
• Document issues.
Qualifications and experience
• Must have an IT degree or 3-year IT diploma.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Must have strong technical knowledge and technical competence.
• Ability to establish, maintain, and increase client satisfaction through professional, courteous, and caring service.
• Solutions oriented with good problem-solving skills.
• Maintains a professional approach at all times.
• Results driven and proactive.
• A strong attention to detail.
• Able to work in a team and contribute to the team.
• A team player who is willing to assist other IT staff in troubleshooting difficult or time-sensitive problems.
• Self-motivated, accountable and willing to take initiative.
• Maintain your knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies – keep up-to-date.
495 total views, 1 today