It Support Specialist
Company Name: Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr
Job Category: Support
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Job Reference: ITSS2018
Technical areas of responsibility:
• IT user support at all levels
• Hardware and software support at all levels
• Support for Windows environments
• Support on mobile devices
• Active Directory administration
• Microsoft Office 365 Support & Administration.
• File server administration
• Basic networking support
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
• Deliver IT support and services to CDH staff.
• Interact with users to provide and process information in response to problems inquiries and requests about IT and all IT support.
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues from level one through level three.
• Research required solutions via any means necessary.
• Follow standard processes and procedures.
• Identify and escalate priority issues when needed.
• Redirect problems to appropriate resource.
• Offer alternative solutions where appropriate and be able to think of creative solutions.
• Identify recurring problems and work on resolving them at the source.
• Resolve technical problems, detect patterns of issues, and coordinate with IT staff regarding persistent problems.
• Organize ideas and communicate appropriately to users.
• Follow up and make scheduled call backs to users where necessary. Follow up with users.
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
• Document issues.
Qualifications and experience
• An IT degree/diploma or other relevant IT qualification
• A+ N+ would be advantageous
• At least 5 years’ IT support experience within a corporate/professional services environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Ability to establish, maintain, and increase client satisfaction through professional, courteous, and caring service.
• Solutions oriented with good problem-solving skills
• Maintains a professional approach at all times
• Results driven and proactive
• A strong attention to detail
• A Team player who is willing to assist other IT staff in troubleshooting difficult or time-sensitive problems
• Self-motivated, accountable and willing to take initiative
• Maintain your knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies – keep up-to-date
• Hands on approach
• A professional phone etiquette.
• Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of relevant software applications and equipment
• Able and willing to work outside of office hours or on weekends if required
• Exemplary Attendance and Punctuality
• Relationship Management
• Conflict Resolution
• Deadline oriented and able to work well under intense pressure
• Problem solving and analytical thinking ability
Should you be interested or require additional details, kindly contact Claudine Primo (Human Resources) on (021) 481 6500 or email email@example.com.
452 total views, 3 today