Hr & Benefits Coordinator
Company Name: Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr
Job Category: Support
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Job Reference: HR-Coordinator01-jhb
Education and Experience
- HR Degree or related qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an HR Management, compensation and benefits administration or similar role within a corporate organisation or legal firm would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of general HRIS with Sage/people management being an advantage
Responsibilities in include but not limited to:
Onboarding of new hires:
- Contribute to a positive image of CDH as a great place to work:
- Act as a liaison between employees and the HR team
- Assist maintain the On-boarding and off-boarding list and notifying the Operations team
- Communicate all HR Sharepoint internal and external articles to Marketing for to advertisement
- Prepare new hire induction packs and send out onboarding materials to all new hires
- Arranging a welcome hamper or flowers for new joiner and welcoming them to CDH
- Introduction to the new joiner to team member and an office tour
- Booking of boardrooms, parking bay, access cards and ensuring a new joiner has a computer
- Maintain personnel database specific to the organisations needs i.e.: personnel specifications, employment contracts etc.
Benefit Administration (Medical aid, Provident Fund and Risk cover)
- Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees
- Provide assistance in administering employee benefit programs and worker’s compensation plans.
- Register new entrees i.e. dependant, new born, spouse.
- Schedule monthly Discovery member assist sessions
- Cancel medical aid or transfer to private capacity
- Escalate members medical aid queries
Provident and Risk cover:
- Administration of provident fund, retirement and death claims for all Employees assist employees with registering on the Old Mutual website to download provident fund statement
- Assist with queries relating to eligibility and benefit contribution
- Assist with the Directors annual benefits communication and collecting of the forms
- Communicate annual dread disease increase contribution to staff
- Annual communication to staff to update their beneficiary nomination form
- Arrange for newly appointed Associate provident fund presentation with Claire Mol & Associates
- Arrange benefit enrolment and employee engagement sessions
- Tracking all HR supported programs and required notices
- Setting up and assigning for training sites and programmes such as ESS password Ensuring all payroll input is accurate and completed before the deadline.
- Assist with the checking of the increase schedule
- Audits; internal i.e. assisting Auditors when requesting documents.
- Creating dummy payslips as in the absence of the payroll administrator
- Manage the monthly lucky draw
- Printing or email payslips and IRP upon request
Company wellness events: Organise all the HR Events:
- Wellness day, Casual day, Heritage Day, Breast cancer awareness day, 16 days of Activism, Aids awareness and upcoming awareness campaigns
Maintain accurate files:
- Maintain tracking systems to ensure compliance for all audits and licensing requirements
- Data entry for new hire paperwork; filing.
- Running and distributing monthly reports, in coordination with the payroll department.
- Assist with filling out unemployment and injury on duty forms.
- Support the implementation of and expansion of system of record (Sage)
- Ability to handle sensitive information with extreme confidentiality
- Draft newly appointed Associate contracts
- Ensuring the movement list is updated with the terminated staff
- HR Department receives an official formal resignation letter
- Cancel Medical Aid or transfer to private capacity
- Communicate benefit withdrawal process via email including downloading
- Complete the provident fund withdrawal and continuation form for risk cover and submit to Policy Administrators
- Ensure that the Access card is returned to HR/Payroll and Laptop signed in at IT
- Prepare leave recon for the following months’ leave pay out
- Complete the UI.19 form and send to the UIF department
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leave maintenance
- Updating monthly birthday list on the intranet and notice boards
- Provide continuous HR services in supporting first level employee issues. address, support and resolve as necessary, escalating second level issues to HR Consultants or Head of HR.
- Send communication to IT and Marketing to update our HR SharePoint page
- Scheduling and maintain annual performance reviews for staff
· CDH Leave administration:
- Check monthly workflow statues for leave pending to be approved
- Assist with leave balance reports for departments
- Maintain and activate ESS profiles for staff
- Keep record of supporting document of medical certificate, maternity agreement and death certificate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Microsoft Office: proficiency in MS word, PowerPoint, Outlook 365 and Excel.
- Ability to quickly master the CDH systems and procedures iManage, House Style, Sage, Old Mutual Superfund online systems.
- An exceptional orientation to detail, prioritising and organising skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to follow complex instructions and/or guidelines as appropriate in the performance of support activities.
- Tenacity and high stress tolerance
- Integrity: honest and strong ethics.
- Analytical thinking – ability to analyse information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Dependability – the job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Job requires being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace
1150 total views, 4 today