Full Stack Developer
Company Name: Hello Group
Job Category: I Am Fully Fluent (Full Stack Dev)
Job Location: Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
Job Reference: FSD001
WHO YOU ARE:
You are the go-to guy (or gal), the coding genius. AKA the alpha, a born leader that completed the hard slog in earning your status in the pack.
You’ve worked hard obtaining:
– BSc / MSc in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience
– Minimum three (3) years web and application development experience.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE IN YOUR BACKPACK:
Some things that will help you get through the door to come and chat to us:
• Familiarity with many programming languages
• Experience with Sequelize, Eloquent, Hibernate / Spring ORM and frameworks such as Laravel, Slim, Spring, Node.js + TypeScript, Angular etc.
• SQL Skills – PostgreSQL and MySQL
• Version control systems such as Git / BitBucket
• Good Linux experience
• Hands on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to work well with others
• A solid foundation in computer science in areas such as algorithms, data structures, microservices and software design
• Basic understanding of security concepts which are fundamental to building secure software.
A few things that will make us smile when read your CV:
• Ability to be hands on and can work any level of the stack – from financial application development, web development and infrastructure/backend services development
• Front-end experience, including HTML / CSS, jQuery, Angular, React
• Knowledge of In-memory data stores and messaging frameworks such as Redis, Apache ActiveMQ and RabbitMQ
• Basic monitoring and analytics with the ELK stack
• Design Patterns
• Experience in the full software lifecycle
• Hands-on experience in mobile app development technologies.
WHO WE ARE:
The Hello Group exists to create game-changing integrated consumer and business services for migrant and marginalised communities. Our services are co-created to be low cost, easily accessible and amazingly simple to use with technology at the very core. By constantly evolving for consumers and resellers we maintain market leadership and entrench the Hello Group within the fabric of our communities.
We know we have succeeded when we are the dominant telecom, financial, business and media service provider within our target markets, very few people leave us for the competition and we get more new customers from referrals than from active selling.
Hello. To a better future.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT:
We break down barriers. We defy bias. We level the playing field. We thereby enhance every facet of the lives of the migrant and marginalised communities.
WHY WORK FOR US:
– We change lives, daily. We listen to the little guy who doesn’t have a voice and provide migrants with a support framework and platform to be able to better not only their lives, but the lives of their families. This whilst saving them time and moola.
– We empower and provide hope. By simply harnessing technology we empower people. We did away with the pesky middle man, and today we boast the largest informal point of presence for Sim Cards, all while distributing it ourselves. And guess what, this not only delivers an awesome service but jobs for those in need.
– We uplift the community. We asked, they responded, we listened. Our “you send, we build” campaign our loyal customers told us some of their biggest needs. In true Hello fashion we listened and ground has been broken on a state of the art maternity ward in Malawi.
– We make a difference. Every minute of every day! The “building dreams, together” campaign lets customers invest in their children’s future. How do you ask? By making use of our service, it enables us to provide school bursaries.
– You can grow. Like the seven wonders of the world, seven companies that form the Hello Group. And of course, who would want to stop there, we need more wonders in this world, so we keep on growing. Want to join a crazy group that offers you huge potential for growth?
– You can be bold. Speak up, improve processes, push the envelope, ask question and challenge the status quo.
– You can be innovative. The best ideas are born in garages, let this be your garage of brilliant ideas.
– You can learn. One is never too old to learn, at Hello we are constantly evolving and to keep the evolution going we need to learn. So, in the adapted words of Dory, just keep learning, just keep learning, learning, learning, learning.
– You can be you. We want YOU for Hello Group. Your individual flavour, your unique skills, your keen sense of detail and any other crazy skills that you can offer Hello.
THE HELLO GROUP:
We appreciate the interest in the Hello Group and the time taken to apply for this opportunity. Should no feedback be provided within two (2) weeks from the application date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
411 total views, 5 today