Full-Time Copywriting & Content Marketing Manager
Welcome to GVI! We are one of the world’s leading independent volunteer organizations. Since 1998, we have sent over 20,000 volunteers on life-changing trips all over the world to work on aid-reliant projects in the fields of education, conservation, wildlife research and community development.
We’re pretty good at what we do, but we need help to become even better. If by the end of this job description, you think you could have written it better, we want to hear from you!
Perhaps you’ve been told you have some talent behind the pen. Perhaps you just know it. We’re looking for a new copywriter/content manager to join our team in beautiful Cape Town, South Africa.
We need someone who can write compelling copy, someone with a critical yet creative mind who truly understands what makes great copy. The person we need can create and review content in line with our existing brand and marketing strategies, who can hit the ground running and is able to swim in the deep end when we throw you in.
It goes without saying, that excellent communication skills really are a must, with superior attention to detail and an eye for pristine grammar.
- Superior written English. We dont want embarasing spelling + grammar errorz #lol
- Ability to be creative and think out of the box
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and sense of humor (we’re a very funny office…)
- Attention to detail. Let’s say that again. Obsessive attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work to multiple deadlines
- A desire to learn
- Creating fresh and exciting copy on key GVI platforms (our websites, social media channels and brochures)
- Utilizing our existing database and creating targeted messaging to generate leads
- Research new content for advertising and website platforms from internal and external source to generate new leads
- Ensure content is optimized according to best online and SEO practices on all channels
- Ensure brand standards are maintained and are consistent at every internal and external contact point
- Uploading new products and content to internal websites and external platforms
- Engage in high level link prospecting, by identifying sites and opportunities through which to gain high value links
- Assist in other GVI departments where required
While some experience or relevant education would be welcome, it is not essential. But we will ask for evidence of previous work as examples of your writing skills.
A little more about us…
We are incredibly proud of our culture, we believe 100% in what we do and are committed to providing the very best programs in the world. Although we work hard, we also have a lot of fun while we do it. So if you want to be on the ground floor of a humble, fun and open organization then let us know.
Please note, due to the large volume of applications we normally get for our jobs we cannot respond to those who don’t quite fit what we are looking for. If you don’t hear from us, good luck and keep trying!
How to Apply
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please note, amongst other things this is a creative writing role, show us what you can do!
1628 total views, 1 today